Skip to content Skip to right sidebar Skip to footer

Garth Bleiddyn

One of the historic cottages on the Nannau Estate.

This pretty cottage is set down from the Dolgellau to Llanfachreth road, opposite Coed-y-Moch Lodge. While the cottage has the date of 1831 on the porch, this was a later addition, probably created when it was modernised as a home for Robert Williames Vaughan’s University valet who he pensioned off the same year. The name seems to mean “Enclosure of the Wolf”.